Detox Ideas For A Fresh Start
Detoxing your body with a cleanse is a chance to retrain your palate to acquire a taste for eating foods in their natural state. Eating wholesome foods will bring your body to an alkaline state, which will balance it in a way that is very beneficial to your health.
Regular cleansing will allow your cells and organs to function at their most optimum capacity. Cleansing also will introduce you to healthy, organic fresh foods to replace the unhealthy foods that are currently a part of your daily diet. Detoxifying your body gives your digestive system a break while it purifies your blood.
Cleansing is about eating fresh whole foods on a daily basis. This means eating more dark, leafy green salads, drinking more fruit and vegetable smoothies, and drinking lots of fresh water throughout the day. Every morning, you should start your day with a glass of warm water and lemon juice. This is the easiest and best thing you can do to get the ball rolling with your cleanse!
Detoxification is a normal daily process that our bodies go through to neutralize and eliminate the toxins that are present in major organs such as the liver, kidneys, colon, lungs, skin and the lymphatic system. But sometimes, this self-cleansing process can get overloaded when we lead unhealthy lifestyles and expose our bodies to environmental toxins. In these cases, the detoxification process can use some assistance.
Here are some signs and symptoms that can be greatly reduced or eliminated by doing a detoxifying cleanse:
• Cravings for sugar, salt and starches
• Gas and bloating, distended abdomen
• Stomach aches and headaches
• Fatigue, lethargy
• Dry hair and skin, eczema
• Constipation, diarrhea
• Mood swings
• Lack of concentration
• Weakened immune system
• Weight gain and difficulty losing weight
Here are some benefits of detoxifying your body with a cleanse:
• Eliminated stored waste (which may produce weight loss)
• Immediate improved vitality and energy levels
• Improved circulation through the purification of the kidneys, liver and blood
• Enhanced mental clarity and focus
• Regular heart rhythm and optimum immune function
Foods that need to be eliminated from your daily diet for maximum results:
• Refined and bleached flours
• Refined sugars (such as high-fructose corn syrup)
• Table salt
• Trans fats and refined oils (such as processed corn, canola or sunflower)
• Any meats that are treated with hormones or antibiotics, farmed fish
• Any foods that have been sprayed with herbicides or pesticides
• Genetically modified foods and oils
• Dairy products
• Additives and preservatives (such as nitrates and sulfites)
• Fast foods, fried foods
• Soda and juices with added sugar
• Cigarettes, coffee and alcohol
Beginning a detoxifying cleanse is simple, but eating wholesome organic foods and reducing or eliminating toxins on a regular basis is important for maintaining your health and vitality. Start your healthy cleanse today!